When I was looking for a recipe for tabbouleh tonight I found this one for Farro and Pine Nut Tabbouleh. I didn’t have farro or pine nuts but not having ingredients has never stopped me before. Part of what I love so much about cooking is making a recipe my own. I did have zucchini (and lots of it), garbanzo beans, and parsley.
- 1 cup Harvest Blend (found at Trader Joe’s), follow directions on the bag
- 1/2 a zucchini (or cucumber), chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 small white or red onion, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon (add more as needed)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the Harvest Blend as instructed by the package
- Prep the parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, onion, and chickpeas in a bowl.
- Chop the zucchini into strips and chop into small pieces – add to bowl.
- When Harvest Blend is finished cooking add to salad and stir.
- Stir in salt and pepper just before serving.