I order scallion pancakes every time that I visit Han Noodle but I have never made them. I was inspired by a post I saw on the https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodFoodCollective (GFC is the CSA that I pick up food from every week).
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/3 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Chop all veggies (mis en place). Wisk the water, eggs, and sesame oil – then slowly add flour in batches until smooth. Stir in veggies. Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium/high heat. Cook the pancakes in 4 batches. Press down lightly to flatten. Turn once, pancakes should be golden, and cook for 3-5 minutes total. Add more oil before starting the next batch.