This is a quick an easy sub plan that can be developed further if necessary.
- draw a scribble (with a pencil)
- look into your scribble for shapes
- outline the shapes with sharpie
- start to morph them into monster characteristics (3 eyes, claws, wings, etc)
- optional: develop the background or place that the monster lives
- when drawing is finished erase the pencil lines
- use crayons to fill in the shapes (teach students how to color in versus scribble)
- use texture plates to create “monster skin”
that’s pretty much it… you can really open it up to the students to be creative and invent different looking monsters.